Brush Route and Schedule
City of Hondo Curbside Brush Pick-up Service
Schedule and Guidelines for Disposal
In an effort to improve the appearance of our community and provide quality services to our citizens, the City of Hondo has developed the following schedule and set of guidelines for curbside brush pick-up services.
In order to develop a standardized route for brush pick-up, the city has been divided into four sections. The four sections will be referred to as Section “A”, “B”, “C” and “D”. The dividing lines for these four sections are US 90 and Ave M. The following schedule will be followed for each section.
The following schedule has been provided on the attached map.
Section “A” is dedicated to the northwest quadrant of the city.
Residents north of US 90 and west of Ave M will be serviced during the first week of each month. This includes the Kollman Oaks subdivision.
Section “A begins on the first Monday of each month. Whenever the first day of the month falls on a Tuesday or later, Section “A” will begin on the following Monday.
Section “B” is dedicated to the northeast quadrant of the city.
Residents north of US 90 and east of Ave M will be serviced during the second week of each month.
Section “C” is dedicated to the southeast quadrant of the city.
Residents south of US 90 and east of Ave M will be serviced during the third week of each month.
Section “D” is dedicated to the southwest quadrant of the city.
Residents south of US 90 and west of Ave M will be serviced during the fourth week of each month.
Guidelines for Disposal
- The City of Hondo Brush Pick-up service is for brush and limbs only. All other green waste, such as bagged leaves and grass will be picked up by the city’s solid waste contractor.
- Bulk waste such as discarded furniture or appliances, may be brought to the City of Hondo Citizens’ Collection Station during center’s operating hours.
- Brush and limb piles must be free of all other trash and debris. The city will not pick up piles that contain other materials such as, wire fencing, plastic, discarded furniture or appliances, mattresses, metals, household trash, concrete, building materials, or any debris that is not brush and limbs.
- Brush and limb piles shall be placed adjacent to the roadway or alley. Piles shall be placed behind the curb, or next to the roadway or alley.
- Do not place brush or limbs within the roadway or alley.
- Do not stack piles more than 6 feet high.
- Do not place piles on top of a water meter, gas meter, drainage inlet, or manhole.
- Do not place brush and limbs within a drainage ditch.
- All brush and limbs shall be ready for pick up prior to the first day of the scheduled week for your area. Brush piles that are placed during or after the scheduled week for pick up may not be picked up until the following month, per this schedule.
- Piles should be placed in a neat and organized manner, and in an area that is easily accessible. This will assist the city in providing a service that is convenient, prompt and consistent.