August Activities at your Parks and Recreation Center. Click here for calendar.
We create opportunities for happy healthy living! Youth Achievement, Good Health, Conservation, Sense of Community and Heritage....it starts in Parks and Recreation!
At our Recreation Center you will find friendly faces with a desire to promote health & wellness while encouraging fun participation. Some of the amenities include commercial cardio & weight equipment, Life Fitness treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, and stationary bicycles. You will also see our full size basketball court that converts into two half court playing areas. Volleyball court and pickle ball courts are available upon request. If you seek other fun activities the recreation center also has 2 racquetball rooms and a multipurpose activity room with games such as ping pong and air hockey tables.
The Recreation Staff is also responsible for the City's swimming pool facility. Our pool offers a wading pool, diving boards, and a slide for children to enjoy. For your convenience changing rooms, restrooms and a concession stand are available. The pool is also available for rental during its open season.
The Rick Taylor Recreation Center is the most affordable gym membership option in all Medina County with low cost programming to allow for avid participation. Our one of a kind facility continues to provide healthy, organized and valuable health services.
Here are a few services offered at our facility:
- Youth and adult sports leagues/tournaments including basketball, volleyball, and flag football, dodge ball and kickball.
- Canvas art painting classes for kids.
- Youth Advisory Council led tutoring sessions.
- Holiday and summer youth camps.
- Land and water based fitness classes of different activity levels.
- Holiday events such as Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Hondoween Festival.
- Athletic events such as walking or running 5Ks.
- American Red Cross Swim Lessons.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Trainings.
- Family activities like trivia night and Bingo.
- Community movie screenings.
- Parents Night Out.
- Open Gym for Pickup Basketball and Volleyball games.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
- Nationally Certified Water Fitness Instructor
- National Swimming Pool Foundation – Certified Pool and Spa Operator
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology
- Accredited Personal Trainer Certification
- Accredited Senior Fitness Certification
- Accredited Aerobics Instructor Certification
- Zumba Instructor
Our mission is to enhance the lives of citizens by providing recreation facilities and programs that encourage fun, promote fellowship, improve wellness and foster educational experiences while providing opportunities for personal growth, economic development and community interaction.For more information contact:
Parks and Recreation Division Manager
602 Harper Street
Hondo, Texas 78861
Joe Alex Quintanilla