Calendar of Events
Ongoing monthly activities are:
- Tiny Tot Tales – 6 months to 2 years – Tuesday mornings at 10:30 a.m.
- StoryTime! – 2 years to Pre-K – Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m.
- First Saturday StoryTime! – Families, all ages – First Saturday from October through May at 10:30 a.m.
- Junior Docents – 5th – 8th grade volunteers - 4:30 pm on First and Third Tuesday afternoons for group leadership and skills training. Docents schedule two hours per week for their volunteer time.
- Breakfast Club – Teen program – 2nd Saturday of the month – time varies based on activity.
- Astronomy Club – 3rd – 8th grade – 4:30 p.m. on 3rd Monday (2nd Monday if 3rd is a holiday).
- NEW!! – Chess Club – Elementary to High School - 4:30 p.m. dates will vary during January and February while volunteer instructor teaches students. A regular schedule for interested patrons will be set to continue meeting after the two month instructional period.
- CyberPatriots – High School – 10:30 a.m. on the third Saturday of the month. Learn about hardware and software security.
- Crochet Class – all ages – 6:00 p.m. on Thursday evenings. First Thursday of the month focuses on beginners.
- RAD (Read and Discuss) Texas – Adults and teens - 6:30 p.m. on third Tuesday of month. Fall session is August to December and Winter/Spring is January through May. Participants read a series of books on a topic or theme. Each program opens with a presentation on the author, the book, and how it fits into the theme. The balance of the program is a discussion among the participants.
- Hwy 90 T1D Group – All ages – 10:30 a.m. on the 3rd Saturday of the month. A support group for those living with Type 1 Diabetes and their families, and other interested and impacted people.
- NEW!! – CyberGen – Senior Citizens and other Adults – 1:30 p.m. on the 3rd Saturday for 5 months. A class to introduce basic computer and Internet safety tactics and skills to the generations that did not grow up with computers.
- Computer Class – Senior Citizens and other Adults – 2 p.m. on the last Thursday of the month. Introduction to computers and basic computer skills classes.
- Additional Activities planned or previously offered with the possibility of repeating.
- Craft classes – wreath making, card making, beading, weaving & spinning, knitting.
- Cooking classes – crockpot cooking, tamale making.
- Informational events – AACOG Road Show, Health Fair, Fresh Start.
- Cultural events – Multi-cultural holiday celebration, The Kilted Man (coming in February).
- Miscellaneous other activities – dance classes, chess club, movie nights, etc..