Parks Maintenance Division
The City of Hondo welcomes everyone that visits to enjoy the beautiful landscaping along Hwy 90 and take time to picnic at one of our parks.
The Parks Maintenance Division operates and maintain 107 acres of parkland at 14 city wide parks which are all equipped with picnic tables, BBQ pits and playground equipment. In addition, the Parks Crews maintain 115 aces of City owned vacant properties and the grounds to all city owned facilities. All the parks and properties are maintained on a daily basis. The Parks Department consists of 12 employees: Superintendent, Crew Foreman, Heavy Equipment Operators and 9 Park Laborers.
Parks are as follows:
- Hondo Recreation Park - 2400 Avenue U
- TA Lopez Park - 200 Blk 15th Street
- City Park One - FM 462 N. and Castro
- City Park Two - FM 462 N. and Castro
- City Park Three - FM 462 N. and Castro
- Skate Park - 18th Street and Avenue U
- Sunset Park - 18th Street and Avenue U
- Jungman Park - 202 15th Street
- Memorial Park - 1600 Avenue U
- Soccer Fields - Spaatz and Castro
- Airport Ball Fields - Twining Street and Harper
- Nature Trail Park - Castro and FM 462
- Sports Complex - Spaatz Road and Castro
- Torres Park - Avenue R and 9th Street
To request information for:
- Park Rentals
- City Maps
Tracks are located at:
- Jungman Park: FM 462 N. and Castro Ave.
- City Park #3: Castro and FM 462
- Sunset Park: 18th St.
- Torres Park: Avenue R and 9th St.
- Nature Trail Park: Castro and FM 462
Parks Division Superintendent
Mission Statement: The Parks Department enhances the lives of Hondo residents and visitors by offering a clean and leisure environment that will encourage recreational activities. The department strives to deliver quality customer service to create an environment that is deemed safe for all.